Fifth Grade Literacy Night is tonight, February 26, from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the media center. We encourage all students and families to attend. Our class is eager to share their literacy projects with you!
The test on Chapter 8: The War for Independence is scheduled for Thursday, February 28. Notes and vocabulary terms for this chapter will be due on the day of the test. I recommend that students study their notes and the resources found on the Chapter 8 web page. Quizzes, interactive maps, and copies of class presentations can also be found on this page.
On Wednesday, March 6, our class will go on a field trip to the Rogers County Conservation District in Claremore. Students will learn about ecosystems and macroinvertebrates while conducting many hands-on experiments. We will be outside part of the day, so be sure to dress warmly. Students will need to bring a sack lunch on this day.
For the past month, fifth grade ARC has been practicing a play about energy conservation. They will present this play on Friday, February 22, at 1:10 p.m. Parents are welcome to attend.
Fifth grade will celebrate reading by having a Literacy Night on Tuesday, February 26, from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. For this event, students will be required to read a fiction or nonfiction book and create a tri-fold storyboard that advertises the book. Their projects will then be on display in and around the library on Literacy Night.
The instructions for this assignment can be found below. Students will have time in class to read and discuss their books, but the storyboard will be completed mostly at home. Projects are due Monday, February 25. Please feel free to email or call if you have any questions.
LIteracy Fair Instructions
5th Grade Teacher
- Problem of the Week
- Facts Master
- Math Skills Practice
- Unit 1: Number Theory
- Unit 2: Estimation and Calculation
- Unit 3: Geometry Explorations
- Unit 4: Division
- Unit 5: Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Unit 6: Using Data; Fractions
- Unit 7: Exponents and Negative Numbers
- Unit 8: Fractions and Ratios
- Unit 9: Coordinates, Area, Perimeter, Volume
- Unit 10: Algebra Concepts and Skills
- Unit 11: Volume and Measurement
- Unit 12: Probability, Ratios, and Rates
- Math Performance Tasks
- JA BizTown
- Social Studies Tournament
- Chapter 1: America's Land
- Chapter 2: Early Americans
- Chapter 3: The Age of Exploration
- Chapter 4: European Settlements
- Chapter 5: New England Colonies
- Chapter 6: Middle and Southern Colonies
- Chapter 7: Causes of the Revolution
- Chapter 8: The War For Independence
- Chapter 9: Creating A New Nation
- Reading >
- Language Arts >
- Science >
- Math >
- Safety Patrol
- Paw Prints
- Academic Bowl
- Class Information