Report cards will be sent home today. Please sign and return the detachable portion by Monday.
Fifth grade students will be competing in a social studies tournament to review for their upcoming state test. Students will receive a study packet on Monday and will then study with their assigned teams over the next several weeks.The tournament begins April 9, with games each afternoon. The top three teams will receive prizes!
I have set up a math review competition just for our class on sumdog.com. Students will need to log in using the username/password given to them in class. This competition ends on March 31.
The Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests are just around the corner - testing begins the week of April 9. Students are encouraged to review for these important tests by taking the practice quizzes/games posted on the curriculum and skills practice pages. More testing resources, including online scored-as-you-go tests, can be found on the OCCT Prep page.
Math Extra Credit Opportunity - Download and complete this math practice test. You may either print out the test or complete the test on a separate sheet of paper. All work must be shown for each question. If a question does not require any computation, you must write a sentence explaining how you arrived at your answer. A smaller text version can be downloaded here. This extra credit opportunity is due by Tuesday, March 27.
The social studies test for Chapter 8: The War for Independence will be given on Wednesday, March 14. I recommend that students study their chapter notes and vocabulary and take the practice quizzes on our Chapter 8 page.
March AR Tests will be due by Monday, April 2. This month, students are required to read at least one on-level biography and one on-level fiction book at home. To receive credit for reading at home, students must either pass two AR tests (>80%) or see me for book report assignments.
5th Grade Teacher
- Problem of the Week
- Facts Master
- Math Skills Practice
- Unit 1: Number Theory
- Unit 2: Estimation and Calculation
- Unit 3: Geometry Explorations
- Unit 4: Division
- Unit 5: Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Unit 6: Using Data; Fractions
- Unit 7: Exponents and Negative Numbers
- Unit 8: Fractions and Ratios
- Unit 9: Coordinates, Area, Perimeter, Volume
- Unit 10: Algebra Concepts and Skills
- Unit 11: Volume and Measurement
- Unit 12: Probability, Ratios, and Rates
- Math Performance Tasks
- JA BizTown
- Social Studies Tournament
- Chapter 1: America's Land
- Chapter 2: Early Americans
- Chapter 3: The Age of Exploration
- Chapter 4: European Settlements
- Chapter 5: New England Colonies
- Chapter 6: Middle and Southern Colonies
- Chapter 7: Causes of the Revolution
- Chapter 8: The War For Independence
- Chapter 9: Creating A New Nation
- Reading >
- Language Arts >
- Science >
- Math >
- Safety Patrol
- Paw Prints
- Academic Bowl
- Class Information