Second quarter progress reports will be sent home on Friday, November 20. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Tests next week:
Social Studies - Chapter 7: English Colonies (red book). Test Monday, October 26. Study guide and vocabulary also due Monday. Review quiz: http://www.thatquiz.org/tq/practicetest?dz510unwn98b
Math - Unit 3: Geometry. Test Wednesday, October 28. Study guide will come home Monday, October 26.
The Tulsa Health Department will present a video and discussion about growth and development to fifth grades on Friday, October 23. Please sign and return the permission slip as soon as possible.
Parents are invited to attend Curriculum Night on Thursday, September 10, from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. beginning in your child's homeroom classroom. During this hour, you will learn about the 5th grade curriculum, class and grade-level policies, and more. Parents will switch classes at around 7:30 to meet your child's reading/language arts teacher. I look forward to an informative night!
Fall pictures will be taken on Wednesday, September 9. Our pictures are scheduled for late morning. Picture order forms are due by Friday.
The world map quiz will be on Monday, August 31. The quiz will be over the 20 locations on the map checklist. Study resources can be found here.
Students should begin using their planners to record the daily agenda in each of their classes. Please review and sign the planner each night.
Meet the Teacher will be on August 18 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Class lists will be posted in the gym.
5th Grade Teacher
- Problem of the Week
- Facts Master
- Math Skills Practice
- Unit 1: Number Theory
- Unit 2: Estimation and Calculation
- Unit 3: Geometry Explorations
- Unit 4: Division
- Unit 5: Fractions, Decimals, and Percents
- Unit 6: Using Data; Fractions
- Unit 7: Exponents and Negative Numbers
- Unit 8: Fractions and Ratios
- Unit 9: Coordinates, Area, Perimeter, Volume
- Unit 10: Algebra Concepts and Skills
- Unit 11: Volume and Measurement
- Unit 12: Probability, Ratios, and Rates
- Math Performance Tasks
- JA BizTown
- Social Studies Tournament
- Chapter 1: America's Land
- Chapter 2: Early Americans
- Chapter 3: The Age of Exploration
- Chapter 4: European Settlements
- Chapter 5: New England Colonies
- Chapter 6: Middle and Southern Colonies
- Chapter 7: Causes of the Revolution
- Chapter 8: The War For Independence
- Chapter 9: Creating A New Nation
- Reading >
- Language Arts >
- Science >
- Math >
- Safety Patrol
- Paw Prints
- Academic Bowl
- Class Information