Unit 2, Chapter 3: The Age of Exploration
In this chapter, students will study how trade and exploration led to the conquest and settlement of the Americas. Students will learn about the many European explorers who first arrived in America and their motivations. We will also discuss the impact of European settlement on Native Americans. Check out the links below for additional information on this chapter.
- Unit 2 Family Letter - An overview of Unit 2 with reading suggestions.
- Chapter 3 Organizer - This is a copy of the blank chapter organizer and study guide (notes).
- Blank World Map - A copy of a blank world map that students will use to plot explorers' routes.
- Exploration Powerpoint - A copy of the presentation used in class.
Below are summaries of each lesson from Chapter 3. These can be a very useful resource to study for tests.
- Chapter 3, Lesson 1 Summary
- Chapter 3, Lesson 2 Summary
- Chapter 3, Lesson 3 Summary
- Chapter 3, Lesson 4 Summary
- Chapter 3, Lesson 5 Summary
Mr. Bowen's Practice Quizzes
- Chapter 3 Vocabulary Multiple Choice
- Explorers Multiple Choice
- Chapter 3 Review
- Explorers Flashcards/Games
- Chapter 3 Vocabulary Flashcards/Games
Quizzes, Games, and Resources
- Explorers Route Maps
- Explorers Route Maps 2
- Explorers Information (Maps, biographies, timelines, etc.)
- Exploration Study Packet
- European Voyages of Exploration Interactive Map
- The Columbian Exchange Interactive Map
- Spanish Explorers Interactive Map
- Explorers Flashcards 1
- Explorers Flashcards 2
- Age of Exploration Flashcards